“SANEs are a small army of expert medical professionals who have transformed the way we prosecute sexual assault cases. Before SANEs nurses, victims were alone. Today, SANEs are instrumental to the Sexual Assault Response Team [SART] that hold sex offenders accountable.”
– Rosanne Johnson, Erie County DA Special Victims Bureau Chief
Crisis Services’ Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) Program is beginning a round of training for Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANEs) June 25th! Deadline to apply is June 20th.
The Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Program at Crisis Services, in conjunction with International Association of Forensic Nurses’ online SANE Training Course, is pleased to offer training to those interested in becoming a Sexual Assault Forensic/Nurse Examiner.
- Licensed RN, NP, PA, or MD with at least one year of clinical experience
- Interest in becoming a member of the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) Team at Crisis Services
This comprehensive training offers instruction on how to care for and collect evidence from an adolescent or adult who has been sexually assaulted…
- 41 hours of online training on national standards, with CEUs
- 32 hours of classroom training on local procedures and clinical instruction
After the formalized instruction, a preceptorship follows to practice and prove competency in speculum exams and evidence collection.
WHEN TRAINING IS COMPLETE, YOU WILL BE…
- Able to do evidence collection as member of Crisis Services’ SAFE Team
- Eligible to become a NYS DOH-certified SAFE
- On-line Training: June 25–Aug 8, 2018
- Conference Calls: June 25, July 9, July 23, August 6; 1-2pm
- Date Change! Classroom/Clinical Training: August 9, 10,
23, 24, 16, 17; 8-4:30pm
- Clinical Competencies: through November
FOR MORE INFORMATION, AN APPLICATION, OR TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW, PLEASE CONTACT:
Holly Franz, SAFE Program Coordinator
email: email@example.com or (716) 831-4456
Crisis Services, 100 River Rock Drive, Suite 300, Buffalo NY 14207