October is #DomesticViolenceAwarenessMonth! Our Advocate Program provides confidential response and support for survivors of rape, sexual assault, domestic violence, family violence and elder abuse – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Advocate Program is committed to empowering survivors of domestic/family/sexual violence and elder abuse without discrimination. We strive to reduce the impact of violence and build a safer community.
A menu of FREE & CONFIDENTIAL services will be provided based on the individual needs of the client. Services are also available to family members and significant others. Program services include:
- 24 Hour Hotline
- Immediate crisis intervention and support at all Erie County emergency departments
- Case management services
- Linkage to NYS Office of Victim Services Compensation
- Safety planning
- Community education and training
- Sexual violence prevention
If you are sexually assaulted, or the victim of domestic/family violence or elder abuse, take these steps to keep yourself safe:
- Get to a safe place. If you have been sexually assaulted do not eat, drink, bathe, or change clothes.
- Go to the hospital emergency department. Nurses will examine you for injuries. Evidence can be collected.
- Call the police to report the crime. The police will take you to the hospital if you cannot get a ride or if you do not feel safe getting there.
- Develop a safety plan. Our Advocates can help get you to a shelter or another safe place.
- You are not alone. We are here to help 24 hours a day. Call (716) 834-3131.
Join us on Thursday, October 11th for the Erie County Coalition Against Family Violence’s annual Spotlight event at 6pm at Daemen College. It will be an evening of education and testimony about domestic violence, as well as some fun activities and performances featuring the WNY Resistance Revival Chorus! #endDV #NoMore
Have you ever wondered why some survivors don’t come forward or share their story with not a single soul for years — even decades? Do you want to #SupportSurvivors but don’t know how? Become a Rape Crisis and Family Violence Victim Advocate!
Applications are currently being accepted for our January 2019 training! Email email@example.com to learn more!