The Advocate Program provides confidential response and support for survivors of rape, sexual assault, domestic violence, family violence and elder abuse – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A menu of FREE & CONFIDENTIAL services will be provided based on the individual needs of the client. Services are also available to family members and significant others.
All clients are offered the following services:
- 24 Hour Hotline
- Immediate crisis intervention and support at all Erie County Emergency Departments
- Case management services
- Criminal justice advocacy
- Court Advocacy
- Individual Therapy
- Linkage to NYS Crime Victim Board Compensation
- Community education and training
If you are sexually assaulted, or the victim of family violence or elder abuse, take these steps to keep yourself safe:
- Get to a safe place. If you have been sexually assaulted do not eat, drink, bathe, or change clothes.
- Go to the hospital emergency department. Nurses will examine you for injuries. Evidence can be collected.
- Call the police to report the crime. The police will take you to the hospital if you cannot get a ride or if you do not feel safe getting there.
- Develop a safety plan. Advocates can help get you to a shelter or another safe place.
- You are Not Alone. We are here to help 24 hours a day. Call (716) 834-3131.